PHP Programmer / Coder Position
We are currently looking for an additional PHP Programmer/Back-End Web Developer in Melbourne, Florida to work at our office.
We are a well established web design company that hand codes HTML and PHP web sites. We are located in Melbourne, FL., creating ecommerce web sites and membership sites for our clients around central Florida and across the nation.
The ideal candidate should be able to cleanly hand code HTML and PHP.
The following programs are not part of our normal tool set; Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, Frontpage, and Dreamweaver, so if you really need to use these programs for development then this is not the job for you.
- Core Responsibilities
- Developing and Updating Web Sites
- Hand Coded HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Working on ecommerce shopping cart and membership sites
- Developing new site modules and functionality
- Refactoring outdated code
- Testing completed websites for any coding errors
- Required Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with MySQL, PHP 6.X and 7.X with and without the use of frameworks
- Proper coding practices and project layout
- Clean hand-coded HTML and CSS (Without the use of WYSIWYG editors)
- Cross browser compatibility
- Self motivated, with the ability to work 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday, and show up on time
- Able to finish tasks with limited guidance
- You must have a positive attitude. NO NEGATIVITY ALLOWED.
- You must be able to work well with others
- Ability to follow direction and fulfill contractual obligations
- Desired Skills
- Knowledge of OOP skills and practices a plus
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of PLESK control panel is a plus
- To be considered
- A resume with a brief summary of relevant experience/education
- 3 or more samples of your web sites or coding via links
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Health Benefits
- Health First Medical Insurance
- Health First Health Club Membership in Melbourne and Viera
To apply for this position, please send your full resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our office on 1070 N. Wickham Road in the shopping plaza in front of the Super Walmart.