Understanding How Merchant Account Transactions Work
At Fencl Web Design, we've made getting set up with your own merchant account a very easy process. Just fill out the simple application form or call and ask to speak to one of our merchant account specialists today. But, you may still be wondering what the exact process is for a credit card transaction to get processed into your account.
- Here we will try to diagram the entire process for you.
- The buyer submits his or her order and credit card information for the merchant to process.
- The information is then sent through the merchant's secure "Payment Gateway" to their merchant account's processing bank.
- The processing bank submits the transaction to the appropriate ultra-secure credit card network (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, etc) which routes it to the cardholder's issuing bank.
- The cardholder's issuing bank approves or declines the transaction, based on the amount of funds available in the account.
- The transaction results are then relayed back to the merchant and the customer.
- The product(s) or services are then delivered to the customer.
- The card issuing bank sends the funds through the credit card network to the merchant's processing bank account. Once the funds are released into the merchant's account this is called a "settlement" and the transaction is complete. This usually takes two to four days.
If you think a merchant account is right for you then simply fill out the easy application form or call and ask to speak to one of our merchant account specialists today. If you have any questions at all about any of the details of setting up a merchant account or about your particular business or credit situation, we are here to help answer any of your questions. Just pick up the phone and call us today at: 321-255-4242 or CALL TOLL FREE 888-793-2776.
Start Your Application Today
Offering ecommerce accounts and online credit card processing for nearly all business types including: large retail chain, small store, home based business, or even internet startups.
Click here to get started.
You must be a United States based company.Apply for your Merchant Account